I arrived in Idaho Falls, unloaded the truck and threw its contents into my little travel camper, much like last summer, I think I was only in I.F. for about an hour before hightailing it to Pinedale, Wyoming to visit my friends.  I headed out past Daniel, WY. to visit Nick and Ike, my cowboys; collectively we've been dubbed "The Wild Bunch," with the accompanying mantra "The Wild Bunch rides again."


When I arrived at the ranch where Ike lives, the whole bunch was sitting around the firepit and burgers and other good stuff was about ready.  We spent the night catching up and laughing, and couldn't believe it when we saw the sun start to rise.  It was a great return back to Wyoming among friends.






The next afternoon Ike, his girlfriend Hailey, Nick, and myself all headed up to Elkheart, a local Forest Service trailhead into the Wind River Mountain range.


Nick entering the trail.  The snow got about 4 feet deeper just about a mile up the trail.

It was still only late May at this point, and we know better, but there was more snow up there than we all anticipated.  So...we spent the afternoon thigh-deep in some frigid snow, and I was happy we stuck it out and clocked a few miles that day.




Comments

Popular Posts