And so it starts.

School is out.


Possibly forever.
  


I completed my coursework for my M.S. degree, and if I chose to, could strike off on a new path.


I haven't yet decided what the end of summer holds for me: a move to Montana to live on the ranch with my grandparents; Wyoming, which would be awesome, but impractical at this time; even more north in Idaho (I love this place).  I don't think my time in Moscow is finished just yet. I have an appreciation for that town which has grown so much over the last year.  The friends I have made are some of the best I've ever known.  I don't want this chapter of my life to close just yet.  


Me and Ryno, friends who "just had the best year of their lives."


I left Moscow this past Sunday after having an amazing weekend with my friends.  I attended graduation parties; played baseball with the Conservation Social Sciences department: Chad threw the ball to get me out, hit me square in the thigh leaving me with a nice bruise complete with the wiffle ball holes...it's a funny looking bruise-totally worth it.






I took a shotski (my first one ever) with my old housemates.


A great night out with the lovely Jessica, Dallas and Drew were added company.





I brunched hard with my recent law-graduate friends (what up Deena, Andra, Nikki, and Jake, J.D.'s).





But nonetheless it is summer once again, and if you know me at all, you know that this means one thing:  roadtrip!

I drove north to Sandpoint, Idaho, one of my favorite places in this beautiful state.  
I'd live here in a heartbeat if only I could find a job in natural resources. 


I called a friend to let him know I was passing through and was invited to join his family at the lake where they have a dock and patio.  We spent a gorgeous afternoon in the sun talking and eating bbq.  The lake was calm and the landscape, with a still snow-covered Mount Baldy and Schweitzer Mountain, was all I could have wanted on a day like this. 



Lake Pend Oreille, Sandpoint, Idaho


I said goodbye to Brent and his family and drove into town to visit a friend at her workplace.  Walking into Mick Duff's Brewery is always interesting...you never know who you are going to run into.  

I sat down at the bar and ordered a Tipsy Toehead Blonde Ale, which was just delicious. Robby, a friend of Amber's, was visiting from Montana and we got a game of Chess going, played a little guitar, and chowed down on some yummy seared ahi tuna.  I also ran into a gal I know from Moscow, who happens to date Robby's younger brother-small world.  

We all headed over to the 219 and some other friends showed up.  Josh came to the bar too, which was a good time.  He is an amazing musician, and I'm glad to know him. Check out his Youtube page and try not to develop a huge crush on him.

Come along.

We all enjoyed the night, which stretched on far later than I could have imagined.  Perhaps the highlight of my time in Sandpoint was back at Josh's house when a bottle of wine fell to the kitchen floor.  Brandon, a wonderful photographer, grabbed his camera and began taking shots.  One photo was just perfect: Josh outstretched on the kitchen floor, leaning back against the cabinet taking a swig, and my dog Jack taking little licks of the wine.


I want more of these days and nights, a summer filled with uncertainty; beautiful and hilarious moments with wonderful people- and so it starts.


Update:  Here's the photo Brandon took of Josh and Jack.  I love it.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I the summer means more blogging from you!! And maybe a trip to the bay?
Hi Chelsea,

I really hope so! I have both a wonderful friend's wedding and the 10 year Alhambra High School reunion in the same weekend. I've got to figure the logistics out, but will try my damndest to make it out to the Bay. I need to see you all...and get my fix of some good San Francisco Mexican food!

<3
Zach said…
Damn, I missed you rolling back through sandpoint huh? :( well looks like an amazing start to your summer!
Anonymous said…
I am so lazy at times, though i have been reading your blog for sometime now I have not made a comment til now, just wanted to say im loving it!
Zach, I can't wait to see you when I see you. I am eager to hear the stories of your epic hitchhike across the West. I miss your brain..
Hi there!
Thanks for commenting as well as the positive thoughts :). It's really exciting for me to get comments on this site, I like to imagine the lives of those reading, even though we may not know eachother.

Creepy or creative... Haven't quite figured that out. Haha.

Best,

Michelle

Popular Posts