Spring Break!!!!


This is the plan, a minimum of 568 miles traveled.  Easy.




Spring break is finally here!!!  The semester is actually flying by, but who doesn't love a break.  My friend, Kendra, and I, decided that a trip to my family's place in Montana would be just perfect, and to start the trip we would head to Missoula for a night out on the town.  We left town as soon as classes and meetings were completed and headed north on 95, eventually reaching Interstate 90 west toward Montana.




This is about the point where we got really excited.







Baby Jack fast asleep.






We're kinda in love.






He's soooo excited!


We arrived in Missoula just in time for dinner at the Missoula Club, where we enjoyed burgers and an IPA.  The weather in town was incredible, we spent the early evening hanging around our hotel room leisurely getting ready for our evening out.  






Burgers and beer at The Missoula Club, a classic eatery.




I have never been out to the nightlife in Missoula, but we sure enjoyed ourselves.  We got a good taste of what Missoula has to offer, and I couldn't help but think how it would have been really great to have applied to the University of Montana's School of Forestry and bike all around Missoula.  I woke early and headed to my favorite breakfast place, Bernice's Bakery, for a raspberry creamcheese filled croissant (just spelling it all out makes me realize how much of a calorie bomb that was, but boy it was delicious).  One of my necessary stops is to a favorite local brewery, Kettlehouse Brewing Company.  I picked up a growler full of Cold Smoke Scotch Ale for Joe, and Kendra got a growler full of Bongwater (oh so good!).




The drink of choice in Missoula.




The beer menu at Kettlehouse Brewing Company...duh.




The drive to along highway 200 West was absolutely gorgeous.  The sun was shining, with brief periods of clouds, and the river ran almost turquoise.  It was a relaxing drive to the ranch, filled with good music and the mutual excitement from the two of us girls.




Dixon, Montana.






The post office at Dixon, Montana.
















Just below the tree line are the tiniest of black dots on the hillside...those are Bison grazing.



I informed Kendra of what (little) I know about the region, which possesses some very interesting features: the Flathead River; the National Bison Range; two very small, blink-and-you-miss-them towns; a local fresh water spring, where we all fill our water bottles at upon each passing...it was nice to show someone the places that are so important to me.

Comments

Popular Posts