A weekend in the Idaho Panhandle National Forest

I spent a few days in St. Maries, Idaho recently, where a friend and I had a great time out on the lake.  It was one of the last warm weekends of late summer/early fall, so we took his boat out on the lake to swim, fish and get some sun.


Jon got a lil' pike





We caught Small Mouth Bass and Northern Pike all day, which was super fun.  Jack hung out in the boat all day too, and only when we swam too far from the boat did he get upset...which resulted in him chewing the rope attached to the anchor.  He sure knows how to go for the jugular.



Jack on the dock at Harrison, Idaho.



Mr. Jackson




A floating payphone on a former island?  at Harrison, Idaho.



A beautiful morning in Avery, Idaho



The mighty St. Joe River, outside of Avery, Idaho




We spent Monday up in a Forest Service fire lookout atop a mountain, where we scanned for smoke.  Jack made himself comfortable, and I settled in with a USFS Fire Manual.

Below are just a few of the photos of the day.






Jonathan scanning for smoke



 Oh, sunlight!



Nothing but the tops of trees below my feet



The Fire Finder








The view out of the fire lookout




Lunch break allowed for a quick nap































The north side of the fire lookout




The south side of the fire lookout




Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful! I've been waiting for another post and I'm so glad it came today!
Thanks Chelsea! School has kept me super busy and I had a bad head cold this week, so blogging has been nonexistent...bummer. Thanks for checking in! How are you and the family?

Popular Posts