how many people does it take to sadde a horse?
I went back out to Pinedale this past weekend to visit friends. It was a pretty spur of the moment trip, as I found out that Madisen, my former co-worker at the Red Bluff Ranch, would be in town visiting her parents. We made plans to meet at the Wind River Brewing Company, and Andrea joined us as well. So there I was, sitting at the table with two of my favorite gals, and Madisen's awesome parents. I hadn't seen them since July of last summer, so this was just what I needed. The gals and I went out on the town, and boy did we have fun! We went to the Cowboy Saloon where we took song requests from the various patrons, played the music, and sang and danced on the floor; it was amazing. The next morning saw us relaxing at Andrea's new home, and strolling through Pinedale; we visited the Cowboy Shop, a great place for boots, hats, and scarves.
Sunday morning breakfast just lounging around the house
Ice cream!
Andrea and I got Strawberry Icecream on our trip down to Pine Street. YUM!
The strut and the swagger down Pine Street
Miss Madisen joined us downtown; her swagger is unparalleled.
Andrea watching Madisen's approach
Feets and boots
My sweet Maddie
Super fun bar in town
We crammed into my little Totota truck and headed out to a friend's ranch, where we were meeting Nick for a horseback ride.
Nick and Ricochet
Nick is slowly working his horse, Ricochet, into shape. He's still pretty green, and last week even tried to buck Nick off, but he held on.
Nick and Ricochet
We were all quite tired from the rowdy night before, so I think it actually took us longer to saddle the horses up than the time spent actually riding; nonetheless it was an awesome time. I love seeing these great friends...they truly are my original Wyoming friends: Andrea is from Sheridan, Madisen is from Rock Springs, and Nick from Dayton...I love you all.
Ned...the fastest horse on the ranch
How many people does it take to saddle a horse?











Comments