Summer plans...and a humble request
Photographer unknown: http://islandpark.com/2009/07/16/too-much-water-for-good-fishing/
So, again, I acknowledge that I'm a very lucky girl. Life continues to amaze me, as do the connections and coincidences that seem to unfold.
I applied for a super cool research assistantship (RA) at the University of Idaho this past December; upon finding out that I got it, I reveled in the amazing professional opportunity and personal experience that it offers. I am working for the Idaho Falls Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for my RA responsibilties, and will be spending the next two summers working as a Recreation Technician on the South Fork of the Snake River (have you seen how gorgeous this place is?!!). Along with work, I will be conducting the research for my masters degree beginning next summer (2012).
I am thrilled. However, I am now in the position of searching for temporary housing, which is proving to be a little difficult, since Idaho Falls and the surrounding towns of Ammon, Ririe, Rigby, and Ucon are all communities that house families and students that tend to have more permanent circumstances than my own.
So I am writing this blog post in the attempt that someone in this region may stumble upon my request, or may know of a friend or colleague that may be searching for someone in my position to fill a little house or apartment for the summer. Considering the past coincidences I have had in the wonderful state of Idaho and on the internet, this request and attempt may actually be possible and not all that far-fetched.
Let me know, friends!
Thanks times a million,
Michelle
So, again, I acknowledge that I'm a very lucky girl. Life continues to amaze me, as do the connections and coincidences that seem to unfold.
I applied for a super cool research assistantship (RA) at the University of Idaho this past December; upon finding out that I got it, I reveled in the amazing professional opportunity and personal experience that it offers. I am working for the Idaho Falls Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for my RA responsibilties, and will be spending the next two summers working as a Recreation Technician on the South Fork of the Snake River (have you seen how gorgeous this place is?!!). Along with work, I will be conducting the research for my masters degree beginning next summer (2012).
I am thrilled. However, I am now in the position of searching for temporary housing, which is proving to be a little difficult, since Idaho Falls and the surrounding towns of Ammon, Ririe, Rigby, and Ucon are all communities that house families and students that tend to have more permanent circumstances than my own.
So I am writing this blog post in the attempt that someone in this region may stumble upon my request, or may know of a friend or colleague that may be searching for someone in my position to fill a little house or apartment for the summer. Considering the past coincidences I have had in the wonderful state of Idaho and on the internet, this request and attempt may actually be possible and not all that far-fetched.
Let me know, friends!
Thanks times a million,
Michelle


Comments
.....you'll never go home again.
:)
xx