Really? Yes.
Wyoming bar decor, taxidermy and ranch brands carved into the wall
I have a few favorite bars in Wyoming. I find that a good tavern, saloon, or small town bar offers a pretty accurate glimpse into the culture and dynamics of a place. In Wyoming, bars serve a greater function than just a place to have a beer and play some pool. The Tensleep Saloon makes a mean herb roasted chicken and steak fajitas and is, in my opinion, the community center of the town, as I have seen a hundred tourists and bikers fill the bar anytime in August; the Invasion Bar is a place where local sheep and cattle ranchers gather and discuss business among other things; while the El Toro is the only venue in a very small Wyoming town that offers a space for old timers and youth, literally high school kids, to spend the evening dancing together and amongst each other in a smokey old bar.
Andrea, settin it up
These places are dear to me. But one bar really stands out. I'm not going to name it here, it's already crowded enough. Really? Yes. Stickin' to it. It's a great bar, and going there on Monday, and last night, reaffirmed my love for it. So if you happen to be somewhere in Wyoming and you recognize these scenes from the following photos, then there you go. Lucky you, do yourself a favor and order a Ditch, with Crown, and have fun.
Andrea says I have a consistent stance, haha.
Awesome ceiling, nice rack.
The brand of the old HF Bar, the ranch I worked for summer 2009
my fancy boots













Comments