Settling In
Miss Eliza Strawberry, Bozeman, Montana
Miss Nancy
The move from Wyoming to Moscow, Idaho, was huge. I spent a long weekend in Ten Sleep, a couple of amazing days with good friends in Bozeman, and a rejuvenating couple of days with my lovely grandparents-I was wiped out and full of nerves by the time I pulled into Moscow. Moving is always difficult; ripe with excitement and for myself a sense of wonder, as I hold no expectations of anyplace. I just don't see how I can have an opinion of a place without having a knowledge of it; I am that girl that shows up and finds her niche rather quickly.
Kelsey, Dillion's lovely lady, in the classic Pendelton Gingham print suit.
Bozeman was such a fun time. I arrived a day earlier than my friends expected, and didn't have a place to stay, so Eliza made a call to her good friends Dillon and Kelsey. I had met Dillon back in July when we all stayed at the hostel; where we dual-scootered around town, like Harry and Loyd, drank beer with Travis (my road mate from Bozeman to Moscow), where we rocked it in 40's vintage costumes at a wonderfully sexy burlesque show, and too many more good times to recount.
Maverick, wiped out from our trip up to the Grandparent's ranch.
Maverick, checking out his new home
Getting my things settled took longer than I would have liked, but more importantly I couldn't seem to get physically settled. I was uneasy, lonely, and couldn't sleep. My first weekend in Moscow helped me, though: I found the local country bar, which friends of mine can attest to my love and appreciation for, as it is one of the most welcoming places you can find in a town. I met a nice girl, Ashley, a good time buddy, for sure. We go to the same University, have similar hobbies, and she's quite the cowgirl as well.
Up the mountain
On a more local level, my housemates have been awesome. Kevin and Kathryn have been baking up a storm, so fresh bread with butter and honey has been an added benefit to an already cool living situation. Brett hasn't been around all that much. He works really hard for a local conservation non-profit, Friends of the Clearwater, so you can only imagine the workload.
Hoosier, the thousand yard stare
Dallas and I have found that we are more similar than different. It's always kinda strange and funny when you are watching tv and say the exact same thing at the same time...we have had quite a few hearty laughs. The household has been planning to head up the mountain for a little over a week, but Dallas and I had the afternoon off yesterday. We packed up the truck with oil, gas, chainsaw, rope, the dog, the .22, some shot, and a few snacks...pork rinds, jerky, and some PBR.
Scoping out some wood
We only got one tree on this trip, a lodgepoll pine, which hardly made a dent in the 5-7 cords we are certain we need. But more than anything, this was a recon. mission...I even took a few shots at some stumps and plants with the .22. The afternoon waned, the coyotes started yipping, and in the not too far distance, a lone elk let out a piercing cry. We packed up the truck, turned on some Waylon and hit the road back down the mountain.
Damn Chainsaw, running at half- throttle all day
New terrain: no more Wyoming Sage Brush
Only a little wood, but it's a start
Winding our way down into the golden, freshly harvested wheat fields, the sun warmed my face and it felt nice to be heading home.
Winding our way down into the golden, freshly harvested wheat fields, the sun warmed my face and it felt nice to be heading home.












Comments
And welcome home, ID missed you.
xx
I may be visiting your beloved McCall very soon; the U of I has a workstation out there, and is hosting a volunteer weekend.
Here's hoping :)