Summer Is

I have seen this heading on a few blogs that I follow this past week- The Noisy Plume and Schnitzer, have lovely posts on this theme.  I thought I'd contribute to the revery of this gorgeous season.


Summer is:




                          Warm, golden fields meeting a blue sky



                                            Surprising colors from the garden


     Are you as surprised as I am?













Sigh











                         Listening to Animal Collective on repeat










New additions to a family





Friendship




   Letting the animals (4 mules and 2 horses) into my yard, and spending time
   with them as they graze and enjoy the change in scenery.




   Fabio testing me at any opportunity: Standing his ground in MY yard




Taking a break from work, sitting on the porch







Summer...Ahhhhhh.

Comments

Sally said…
He really looks like Fabio!

Cattle drive go well yesterday?
He does, and he acts like him. Trailing cows was so much fun. I have gotten the hang of it and Fabio did well. I wish I could have joined you and Sarah yesterday at Folklore; I took a massive nap after work though. Sometime real soon we will.
schnitzerPHOTO said…
Great images. I particularly like that opener. thanks, too, for the plug
;)
Sally said…
No doubt you deserved a nap and probably a few beers too!

Next time!
Sally said…
Glad it was fun! And no doubt you were in serious need of a nap! Hope you can join us/me next time. :)
The Noisy Plume said…
You'd better put that Fabio in his place:)
xx
Oh yes, Jillian, Fabio certainly needs discipline, but a little love as well. I'm leaving the ranch for Idaho this week, and will miss all of the animals, including the challenging ones.

Popular Posts