Stepper



This is Stepper. I met him two weeks ago, at my most recent horse riding lesson. I think he is the most amazing horse I have ever met. First of all, while going to retrieve him from pasture, I spot him quite far off. I call his name, not even giving it a second thought that I would more than likely have to trudge, ankle deep, in the fresh, turned up mud. Yet I see him raise his head and start walking over to me. He walks up and allows me to halter him. He is a breeze. His disposition is that of a charmer,too. He actually kind gives hugs. He will crook his neck into my chest and nuzzle me. Some horse people consider this "bad manners." I think its endearing, and find that it plays into my somewhat childish belief that animals have human attributes and certainly feelings. This may be ridiculous, but I will take a hug from a horse any day, especially from Stepper.

Comments

Popular Posts